Travel with old employer Visa stamped

mitsu3000gt

Hello all,

My wife is on H1. Her visa stamped with employer X and is valid till Sept 2014. She is currently working with the same employer. However, she is planning to take full time position sometime in November for company Y which sponsors her H1. Again, she didnt take up the position yet, but is planning to.

Now, she might go to India in December for a week or so. Now, assuming that she gets her new I797 with company Y by that time, does she need to goto visa stamping again in India for company Y? Or can she enter with company X visa stamping although she is working for company Y.

I know she can wait till she returns back to US for her H1b transfer, but not sure if company Y can wait.

Please advice.

Thanks

Hello all,

My wife is on H1. Her visa stamped with employer X and is valid till Sept 2014. She is currently working with the same employer. However, she is planning to take full time position sometime in November for company Y which sponsors her H1. Again, she didnt take up the position yet, but is planning to.

Now, she might go to India in December for a week or so. Now, assuming that she gets her new I797 with company Y by that time, does she need to goto visa stamping again in India for company Y? Or can she enter with company X visa stamping although she is working for company Y.

I know she can wait till she returns back to US for her H1b transfer, but not sure if company Y can wait.

Please advice.

Thanks

She can use the previous unexpired visa with the new 797. But just make sure that I94 expires on the same date when latest 797 expires.

No. You don't need to go for visa stamping again as long as you have a valid visa stamped. Till the last day of the validity on your visa you can enter US without prejudice even though you are not working for that employer provided you can verify your employment with any other US employer when you are entering US with new I797. But make sure you get the approved I797 before leaving the country.

Visa stamping is only required if the date on your visa expires.

Archived