H1B Transfer without working for employer

Hello Gurus,

I have a query regarding H1b transfer

I got my H1b stamped through a company and the start date obviously was Oct 1 but I don't intend to travel until Dec 2012. Now, I have received an offer from another big consulting firm which I am seriously considering. So, the below questions arise:

1) Can I transfer my H1B to the new employer without even working for the original sponsor.

2) I intend to enter US on the 1st stamping, resign immediately and start the transfer process for the second employer. Is this possible without having paystubs from the 1st employer.

3) Since I won't have any US paystubs from the original sponsor, will USCIS classify my petition as consular processing and will I be required to leave and re-enter US for a new I-94? If yes, Do i need a new stamp as well? My original stamp is valid for 3 more years

Appreciate the help

Thanks

Hi ponte,

Appreciate your response

Actually, the new employer wants to meet me face-to-face in the US and only then they will finalize me but there are strong chances that they will extend me an offer, once I am there. Hence, the above questions arise. Could you give me some sort of indicative answers for those questions

Once again, your advise is highly appreciated

Thanks

Vivek

Archived