Old H1 B Petition expired.

softsasi

Generally, if the petition and extension of stay are approved (with an I-94 card attached) then the H1B beneficiary is permitted to work for the employer. If the petition is approved without an I-94 card attached, the beneficiary is required to depart the U.S. and re-enter with a valid H1B visa and the H1B approal notice. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to determine which type of approval notice you received.

hi,

I think your new employer applied H1B under CP not under COS.

Other way to confirm is to ask for I797 copy, and if it has no I94 attached to it, then its CP and you will have to leave and get stamping done.

But if it has I94 attached at bottom then legally you do not need to go for stamping.

As a practice if you are already here, extensions are filed as COS so person doesn't need to go out for stamping.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi rohag

var pid = parseInt(173712);if ( pid > ipb.topic.topPid ){ ipb.topic.topPid = pid;} // Show multiquote for JS browsers if ( $('multiq_173712') ) { $('multiq_173712').show(); } if( $('toggle_post_173712') ) { $('toggle_post_173712').show(); } // Add perm data ipb.topic.deletePerms[173712] = { 'canDelete' : 0, 'canSoftDelete' : 0 };

I got my extension approval with current company A and would get my stamping when I go to India.

But Company B are requested to do my stamping when I go india. Please Suggest me if I could get valid stamping with Both companies.

please suggest me.

Not possible to get stamping from 2 companies.

Fist thing first : -

1) Do you have your 797A? if not ask for that from company B,

2) then check if it has I94 attached to it or not.

if it has, check for start date in it, if is already passed, then you should be working for company B from that day onward.

Archived