F1 to OPT to H1B. Permanently living in hometown since 2.5 years. Now selected in DV 2013

Joenicemers

I have left USA in Feb 2010 and since then I have been living in my hometown in India permanently (running a business). Recently I was selected in DV 2013. Kindly go through my case. Patiently awaiting your replies.

CASE:

Graduated in Dec08 in clinical research

Got my OPT (valid EAD) in Jan 09.

Employed in Feb 09. 2 weeks later Employer filed for H1B. Got I-797A in mid June 09

I was told that apart from the knowledge of US regulations, I had all the skills for the volunteer internship (clinical research). Hence employer told me to take a vocational course (only on weekends) to learn some CFRs (code of federal regulations). Initially as volunteer internship was promised, there was a little work (30 hrs./week) like filing, assignments, presentations etc. From April 09, there was no internship. So no more work, only weekend classes. In mid-June 09, I got my I-797A (I-94 attached). October 09, I was told that "there is no project for you and you can start in Nov 09". I got my pay in Nov 09. Dec 09 again they said "no project and no pay". I got my pay for first half of Jan 10. End of Jan 10, I quit and left USA in the first week of Feb 10. Since Feb 10, I have been in India and running a small business. Recently I got selected in DV 2013.

NOTE:

I have never contacted my employer after leaving USA and I never wish to contact my employer ever again.

QUESTION:

No offer letter, No time sheets, No pay, No documnents of employment on OPT .... but I have my I-797A (I-94 attached). During my H1B, I got pay for 1.5 months out of 4 months. I have now been in India permanently since 2.5 years. I run a small business. I recently got selected in the DV 2013. Is it ok if I proceed for the DV lottery interview to get the Green card or will I face any difficulties in my interview or will I get a ban?

Archived