Can i apply L2 Visa for my wife while i am on I94 extension upon L1B expiry

sandand

Hi All,

Any pointers would be really helpful.

My L1B visa expired last year and since then i am on I94 extension. My I94 is valid until mid Feb'13. I know its not long way out.

My wife is also in US but on H1B visa through her employer. But now we are in a situation where she is planning to quit her job. Can we apply for L2 visa for my wife now, given my visa situation? Is there any specific restriction that dependent visa's cannot be applied while the primary visa holder is on I94 extension.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandand

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have just received my I-797C approval and am scheduled to go for my interview for Visa stamping. I'm scared of the denial as my wife has been denied B2 visa 3 times in this year. Will the consulate deny my L1A visa because of the history of my wife's B2 visa denial? I'm going for the interview for my L1A stamping and my wife's L2 stamping.

OR is it possible they deny her L2 and just grant me the L1A?..Your guidance will help please.

If a foreign national is in valid L1 status, his/her spouse may generally apply for L2 status.

Hello I have just received my I-797C approval and am scheduled to go for my interview for Visa stamping. I'm scared of the denial as my wife has been denied B2 visa 3 times in this year. Will the consulate deny my L1A visa because of the history of my wife's B2 visa denial? I'm going for the interview for my L1A stamping and my wife's L2 stamping.

OR is it possible they deny her L2 and just grant me the L1A?..Your guidance will help please.

Archived