H1B not stamped after extention, wife going to India on H4

pappu07

Friends,

My visa was about to expire in Sept,2011, I applied for extension and it has been extended until Sept,2014. My wife went for visa stamping after I got the visa extension and got it stamped until Sept,2014. I never went for visa stamping after getting my extension.

She is now going to India in this month and will be coming back in Nov,2012. My question is.... Will she have any problems getting into USA in Nov? I Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

hi,

I am currently on h1b since middle of August 2012. I did not visit India after my COS from J1 to h1B. So my passport does not have a visa stamping. But since my husband had to go and return back, he has scheduled his visa interview at Chennai consulate . My questions are

1) Does he need MY original I797 approval notice or a copy will suffice?

2) I have only 2 pay stubs on H1b on my new job over the past one month. Prior to that I was on J1. I have those pay stubs too. But Is that enough if he takes just the h1b stubs or does he need to take my j1 pay stubs as well?

3) About my tax return, since I changed from J1 to h1b, all my prev tax returns were for my J1 status. Is it ok if he takes them with him?

Thank you very much in advance.

Archived