H1B RFE- Civil Engineering

Hi,

I recently got a RFE for my H1B petition. I have a MS and a Bachelors in Civil Engineering. I work for a government planning organization in Transportation Engineering. The RFE requested further details about my job description, some of the specific tasks I work on, percentage of time spent o each task and also to explain why the position needs someone with atleast a Bachelors degree with certain technical skills.

Also, they are asking for Licensing proof. My job doesn't require me to have any kind of license. Even though I have an E.I.T from NC and currently I am working in NE, I have read somewhere on this forum that they have questioned the validity of E.I.T from one state in another state. They said that if my job doesn't require a license , I need to get a letter from the state licensing agency attesting the same.

Please let me know if anyone else has received anything similar.

EITs are transferable.

They have good reason to ask about licensure since many jobs requiring Civil Engineering degreesalso require licensing in the state in which someone is working. The fact someone else may not have been asked has no bearing on your case. The fact no license is required may indicate that it is not a BS/MS degree level position; many support tasks such as drafting/CAD do not require university degrees. Either get the evidence they requested or be denied.

EIT or similar title is a well qualified position..EIT itsef is a good enough certification for H1B job..

the labor dept. job description says EITs(or similar) work under PEs....hope ur boss is PE..if asked, check NCEES website for EIT reciprocity..

chosing a lawyer familiar with CIvil Eng H1 applications could have avoided these problems to u..generally a well drafted cover letter by attorney addresses these.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

What....Civil Engineers even have jobs here in US, ok good luck

i know it's an old treead but wanna resp anyway as i jst noticed it..

Civil Engrs not only have jobs but have steady soild 'careers' here, if you know the difference.., pretty good, respectable, that most IT/software people cant even think of..

stress on respctble..

i know it's an old treead but wanna resp anyway as i jst noticed it..

Civil Engrs not only have jobs but have steady soild 'careers' here, if you know the difference.., pretty good, respectable, that most IT/software people cant even think of..

stress on respctble..

Hey, most software people also have very respectable careers. The consulting stuff is really a small part of the IT world, and the fake consulting stuff is even smaller...

Hey, most software people also have very respectable careers. The consulting stuff is really a small part of the IT world, and the fake consulting stuff is even smaller...

Consulting stuff is better...but the way the market was few yrs back..flooded with fake resumes from a certain region made it look worst.

EIT or similar title is a well qualified position..EIT itsef is a good enough certification for H1B job..

the labor dept. job description says EITs(or similar) work under PEs....hope ur boss is PE..if asked, check NCEES website for EIT reciprocity..

chosing a lawyer familiar with CIvil Eng H1 applications could have avoided these problems to u..generally a well drafted cover letter by attorney addresses these.

10 friends of mine from *************** UNIVERSITY shamelessly ran back to INDIA because they were slapped left and right when they went out to look for jobs in Construction field.

They earned a pathetic 37k/year salary and were living like beggars ofcourse. Wake - up and get your facts right before mindlessly blabbering about how respectable construction field is for earning your daily bread.

10 friends of mine from *************** UNIVERSITY shamelessly ran back to INDIA because they were slapped left and right when they went out to look for jobs in Construction field.

They earned a pathetic 37k/year salary and were living like beggars ofcourse. Wake - up and get your facts right before mindlessly blabbering about how respectable construction field is for earning your daily bread.

and I know many Civil Engineers who are living in Million Dollar homes.

I talked about Civil Engg and you think "construction field" is the only Civil Engg.. how about get some general knowledge..

on the other hand my friends working as "Construction Engrs" started earning six figures long before any other "Engineer" was..heck their project completion bonus was equal to my salary at one time..

Archived