H1B transfer in US ->Waiting for approval->Can old H4 VISA valid for travel? please help

Rathu

Hello Friends,

My query is:

Comp B transfered my VISA from A to B and am waiting for approval. I have receipt number notice for this transfer.

My wife and kid wants to come to US. My Wife already have H4 VISA when I was working for A and which is valid till Dec 29,2012.

1. Now can she travel from to US with the current H4 VISA ?

2. If she can travel with current H4 VISA , at the port of entry can she carry my recent company B paystubs, transfer receipt number notice and comp B employement letter.

Any other documents that she needs to carry?

(note that Comp A might have already revoked my H1 not sure on that one.)

3. If not, whether she needs to travel only after getting my transfer approved and go to stamping in india and then only come to US ?

Please assist!

Thanks,

Rathu

Am worried if in PP, USCIS may ask for client letter. My client is not ready to give client letter to any contractors. So, my employer told to wait for some time if i can get my approved documents via normal processing even if it comes late.

My query is , can my wife travel with her current H-4 visa(of my old employer which is still valid till dec 2012) and carry my H1 transfer receipt copy( incase if they ask in port of entry) and my new employer's employment letter ?

Will there be much questions and issue during her port of entry interview?

Archived