Urgent: Neufeld Memo implication on Existing Green Card process

visaseekerram2

Hi,

Situation:

I am on my 9th year of H1-B, previously got an extension for 3 years based on my GC Labor that had already been approved.

However, this time around, when my company, One of the Largest Tech consulting company in the world, applied for an extension, they provided my client contract agreement too during the filing and the extension was filed only to the end date of the contract, which ends in like 6 months instead of teh 3 year extension that I was expecting.

I was hired by our company due to my skills and a Masters dgree in the field and also filed for a green card. I have also signed a Right to control agreement with my supervisor in our company.

Question.

When I asked my company's attorneys, they mentioned the Neufeld Memo passed in 2010 for the extension date being only until the current project end date.

My question is,

1. Doesnt that memo provide for the 3 year extension in case one's Green card is in process and the Labor has cleared?

2. I have actually got my extension based on the proj. end date, is there a way we can amend it for 3 years instead if the Neufeld memo does not restrict it in my case?

Thanks

Archived