L1B-I94 getting extended by visiting neighborhood country

KPKumar

Dear Sir,

I am on L1B visa, both I-94 and Visa going to expire on Mar 1st 2013. Recently my wife and kid visited India, while they were coming back to US, their I-94 got extended till July 15th, 2015. Luckily, it worked out for my friend and his wife as well (their prior I94 extends Nov 2013, but it got extended till Nov, 2015 while revisit).

Even I went to India, but did not work out for me since my passport expires on this Mar 2013. So, it extended as it is unfortunately.

I am planning to go to out of country (to Mexico) to check my luck for getting I94 extension in last week of this month. Here are my questions. Appreciate you in advance for your kind help.

Q 1: So, if my I-94 also extends (by luck) at port of entry, do I still need to renew the L1B Visa?

Q 2: Can I tell to the officer that I came to extend the I94 as it expires soon? Is it going to work out? Or simply should I say I came on vacation?

Q3: I am planning to go to Mexico city in Mexico which is near to Houston, how many days should I stay to get the feel of real vacation?

Q 4: If my I-94 is not extended, when should I apply for Visa extension as it expires on Mar 2013? How long it would take to know the status?

Q 5: What is the ratio for getting approvals for L1B extensions in the recent time?

Q 6: Any recommendations / suggestions would be appreciated for extending the L1B process.

It would be great help if you could answer these questions.

When does your L1 petition expire? Yes you can cross the border at Tijuana and immediately make a U turn after the turnstiles and ask for a new I94 if you have a valid L1 PETITION WHICH YOU SEEM TO HAVE SINCE YOUR FAMILY HAS THE i94 TILL 2015. Since L1 is the companies petition it would be prudent to let your supervisor or HR know about the situation.

Archived