H1B Visa Sponsorship - Query

kino17

Hi,

My H1B visa got expired 2yrs back. I have never traveled to US. I am now planning to move to US.

• Is this still valid w.r.t old Quota if i find a sponsor?
  • Can i apply for H1 immediately this year itself with old quota (i see the quota is closed)?
  • What documents should i hold? How long will it take for the process?

Thank you,

Shashank

First find an employer ready to sponsor your H1 petition. You would seem to have been cap counted..

One of the company is willing to sponsor me (They said will confirm whether its possible to sponsor with cap-exempt. Also they informed me a security deposit of $2000 once they confirm and during documentation). I check about the company didn't find any negative as well. Is it worth it? Does companies ask for security deposit?

One of the company is willing to sponsor me (They said will confirm whether its possible to sponsor with cap-exempt. Also they informed me a security deposit of $2000 once they confirm and during documentation). I check about the company didn't find any negative as well. Is it worth it? Does companies ask for security deposit?

Never pay for an H1, regardless of how they call it (security deposit seems to be popular these days.)

Stay away from any company that wants money. They are all shady.

Real companies don't ask for money for an H1.

Archived