I-140 approved via future employment, change of employer

Hi All,

I need some advise & help.

I have been working for Company A for the past 6 years in the US. I filed for my GC in Oct 2010 via company B (future employment) and got my LC and I-140 approved. Last year I even got an extension on my H1B Visa via Company A using the approved I-140.

Due to personal circumstances, I have to quit Company A and have started looking for jobs. However during my job search I'm able to find jobs with companies that are ready to sponcer my H1B (transfer), but none who would work on a corp to corp basis (H1B transfer to Company B and then C2C). Please note, I have location preference as well.

My question is - Is it OK for me to take a job with say Company C (H1B tranfer) and then join my future employer who did my GC (company B) next year? Assuming that they are still fine to sponcer my GC (I-140). The reason I'm thinking of this option is because of the lesser number of opportunities on C2C basis and location preference.

I do not want to start my GC process again and hence want help and advise on this. If my GC process would be nullified, due to employment with a new Company C, then I would keep looking for jobs on C2C basis with my future employer (Company B).

PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Thanks,

M

Hi All,

Please do let me know if if there is a different forum I should try to get my question answered. I see that other questions too in this forum so not have a lot of responses. I was hoping to get some suggestions here, before deciding on a attorney consultancy.

Thanks in advance,

M

Dear pontevecchio,

Please see my question above - its not that I do not want to work for Company B, I will. However its just the timing options that I want to explore. See my question again below.....

My question is - Is it OK for me to take a job with say Company C (H1B tranfer) and then join my future employer who did my GC (company B) next year? Assuming that they are still fine to sponcer my GC (I-140). The reason I'm thinking of this option is because of the lesser number of opportunities on C2C basis and location preference.

Archived