H1 B Extension - Dont have SSN(No Paystubs created till now)

vnmkraju

Hi Experts,

I have H1B visa is getting expired on Sept30-2012,and I have I-94 too.I came US on 21July2012.

My company is filing my extension now, for the extension process it requires salary stubs.

But my problem here is, my company cant process salary stubs without my SSN.

When Have visisted SSN office , they are saying that my SSN will take 3 months to get processed because of my name( It's a long name that consists of 30 characters in the name). I am uncertain about my SSN to recieve it before 15-20 days to process paystubs.

So my question here is , How to apply extension without salary slips , Is there any alternative to this i.e. applying for extension when SSN is in process.

Thanks in advance for your help.... Also please let me know if you need any additional information from me to help...

Thanks once again,

Murali Krishna

"So my question here is , How to apply extension without salary slips , Is there any alternative to this i.e. applying for extension when SSN is in process."

=> H1b extension is your employer's job. Let them do their job. Max you can refer them a good attorney. H1b is employer's property they would decide how to do this.

Hi Experts,

I have H1B visa is getting expired on Sept30-2012,and I have I-94 too.I came US on 21July2012.

My company is filing my extension now, for the extension process it requires salary stubs.

But my problem here is, my company cant process salary stubs without my SSN.

They can. Every modern payroll software can handle things if the person doesn't have the SSN yet.

The Social Security Service also has a note on that in their FAQ.

Make sure that the employer pay you NOW! That solves all your problems.

Archived