Recent GC - stay outside India

I recently got my GC through employment and due to some unforeseen circumstances I may have to leave the country for one year or so and also leave the employer who processed my GC. What options do I have for

1. Sustaining GC if at all possible

2. Duly notify USCIS about the situation and take suitable action so that I dont face any issues with respect to US visa processing in future.

Please advise. Thank you.

It should be noted that based on recent cases and decisions a re-entry permit does not prevent the USCIS from considering permanent residency abandoned it the stay outside the U.S. is for a prolonged (e.g. over a year) period.

Getting legal counsel from a qualified, experienced immigration attorney is very important in this situation.

Thank you for the reply. My leaving the job is on my own and not because I am laid off. The issue I am facing is that I will not be able to stay in the states until the re entry processing(which I believe will take a few months) will be complete. Is there a way for faster reentry permit processing? Please advise. Thank you.

Archived