H1b showing approved on March, 2010 in USCIS website

sumantht2020

Hi,

I have applied for H1b in the year 2008. I've attended the interview on December,2008 in UK. The consular returned my original I-797 (valid for 3 years) form saying that we require more time on this application. After that I have asked my consultant number of times about the visa and he said it was rejected. But I thought to check on USCIS website once recently and it showing under Post decision activity as approved. Mine was a normal application filed not premium. Is there any chance if I can do this anything with this approval state ?

Also I have never went to interview after I attended in UK and no stamping was done on my passport.

Please confirm........

Thanks for the help......

Hi Sumantht2020

My case is also similar to yours. I have found a new employer but the attorney is saying that "The law is not clear on whether you are cap exempt given that an H-1B petition has been approved upon your behalf but you have never had H-1B status in the U.S.

It appears to me that a strict reading of the statute means you are in fact subject to the cap. However, I am aware of reports that people in your situation have neverthelss been approved."

So I also want to contact Murthy law firm. Could u let me know how much is the fee.

Thanks

Archived