refiling from EB3 to EB2 - what happens if i switch jobs?

I am being refiled for EB2 and my prevailing wage determination is in progress (6 weeks into it). For EB3 my I140 is approved with priority date Feb 2009. and i have one year left on my current h1b.

what would happen if i switch my job right now? will this be transferred as is? will there be complications?

i have been offered a really good opportunity and would like to take that up.

any inputs will be helpful thanks

If you switch your now and the I-140 is revoked how will you stay here after the current H1 expires?

thanks pontevecchio for your reply. i dont know much about the whole process so would be interested to know in what circumstances will my I-140 be revoked? the only reason i am thinking of switching jobs is because this new opportunity is excellent and dont want to let it go. is there any other way around this?

1. Is the EB3 company going to revoke the I-140? Find out.

2. Is the EB2 company going to back off before you leave them before or after the EB2 is approved?

3. As long as you have one pending I-140 you are eligible for H1 extensions of 3 years giving you options.

4. Why would the I-140 be revoked? It is not mandatory. It may happen because the company has invested a lot in you. Having said that take care of your career first and also spend a few hundred dollars on a consultation with a good Lawyer to cover your bases.

Archived