processing time of Motion to Reconsider.

kris8989

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi cooldude76,

I am on student status now and I have applied for H1b and got a denial. My employer is planning to apply for Appeal. After doing some research came to know that it will be more than year.

You said that you applied for H1b with new employer and got the h1b approved.

How did you apply for new h1b when the quota was finished in June ? Actually when did you apply for 2nd h1b? Please let me know your phone number want to talk to you for few minutes. or you can call me on 484 six eight zero 1725.

Thanks,

Ravi

@cool dude:

First of all congrats on your new H1B approval.. Can you let me know what happened to your old MTR case. Was it rejected. If yes,, what did they say and how long did it take for USCIS to respond back to you? Please let me know

My employer sent MTR without I290B. They didn't consider the request to reopen and in a Way rejected the case. It took approx 2 months for a response.

@Ravi,

You may go for motion to reconsider rather than an appeal, appeal takes time(maybe a year). But go for a reconsider only if you have a strong case and tell you employer to fill I290B and send it with the relevant fees of $630.

I already had H1 approved earlier, hence any employer can file my petition anytime it is cap exempt.

Hope this clears your doubt, else I can give you a call later on the number you provided.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have an update today online as follows

We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on February 25, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Not sure what this means. Is this a positive sign? Would i get a response with in 30 days?

Please help me guys!!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi SWA123,

I also got the same update under the case status today.

We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on April 10, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.

Did USCIS took any decision after this update on your case?? Looks like you got an update from them on Feb 25

Thanks

Hi Swa123,

In one of your earlier post (We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on February 25, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision.) this is for your old receipt right.

did you ever receive ur new receipt number ?

Here is the thing, when i checked my old recept number the status is under post decision activity "We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on April 10, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision" but with my new receipt its under status Decision "On April 4, 2013, the review of your I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER was completed. You will be notified of the decision by mail. Please check the website for further updates on your case, including when the decision is mailed."

whats your current status ?

Thanks,

Kumar

Hi Tarakiran,

You'r right!! My status changed to "We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on February 25, 2013, and are now reviewing our earlier decision" on 25th Feb as said, but no update after that. Still waiting for an update..

Hi Kumarbg9,

My old receipt # shows the status as above, while the status of new receipt # is "initial review".

Looks like it took close to 9 months for you to get a final update. Based on this rate., in my case it may go until thru sept 13.. Would be nice if i get an update much before that..

Finally after waiting 9 months on MTR...my H-1B got approved today...

On April 12, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Thanks for your info guys it was very helpful..

Hi Tarakiran,

First of all congratulations.. We are the warriors with patience..

BTW, the above is the update posted on ur new receipt # right? Can you let me know what is the status on your old receipt #?

Also, please let me know how many years your h1b has been approved along with i94 once you get to see your copy..

Thanks much for posting..This helps to keep hopes alive.

Finally after waiting 9 months on MTR...my H-1B got approved today...

On April 12, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Thanks for your info guys it was very helpful..

Kiran, what was the reason for H1 denial initially?

Thanks Swa123..True. don't lose your hope and all the best for your case. I havent got my H-1b approval doc yet once I get it I will be update here. Here is what I see in my old receipt #

On April 12, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Rahul

It was denied earlier due to the client letter issue. Client didnt provide me one so I went with the vendor letter

Archived