Passport renewal - Washington DC - VFS

jainsundip

Hi,

Not sure where to post this. I have sent my passport for renewal to Washington DC on May 16th. I received a mail from VFS (Washington DC passport services outsourced to VFS) that it's been forwarded to consulate on May 18th. There has been no update after that. It's been almost 3 months. Usually the whole process takes about 3-4 weeks.

I have tried VFS and Indian consulate in DC, but no one gives proper response. Sometimes no body lifts the phone and it wont even goto automated message.

Can anyone tell me what I should do ? Can I goto DC in person if it helps speed up the process ?

Please share your experience/

Thanks.

We did apply for a 10 year Tourist visa to India and VFS kept us informed at every step and we were able to log in and see the status. In fact the Tourist visa was sent back in 48 hours. Keep calling VFS and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be factual and polite and let her help you. VFS cannot influence any delays at the Embassy.

Can I goto DC in person if it helps speed up the process ?

=> That’s the best way. Go there meet personally. You never know, they may lose your care and passport, and they won't be responsible. Book the flight and visit them asap.

Archived