H4 after B2 Visa rejected

virgovian

Hello,

My Husband is in US and I want to apply for H4 visa now but before doing that I want to understand if I shall apply or not.

His H1B Visa was under extension and since he cannot sponsor H4 for me, I checked with the Visa agents and one of them misguided me. He applied for Tourist Visa B2 on my behalf and showed me as unmarried while I am married for more than a year now. He mentioned that I

will be visiting US alongwith my parents to see places in US. However due to inefficiency to show strong ties to motherland, it was rejected.

Now my Husband's H1B has been approved and he wants me to visit US on H4 visa. We have all the documents required but my worry is since I was rejected under B2/unmarried and now if I go to Visa interview for H4/married will it have any implications. Some say that the VO has all records while some say no records are maintained once the case is closed.

Is there any wait time between applying for H4 Visa after B2 is rejected? What would be the risk free method to apply for US visa to meet my husband? B2 reapply or H4 fresh or dont apply?

Please kindly let me know. Thank you!

Regards,

Chhaya

Will you be so kind to suggest me if I can go ahead and apply for H4 on my own without any agents.

If they grant or deny, will there be any consequences if they come to know that I had done a mistake earlier?

Do they even have that record that Visa was rejected and if yes do they have the record that I had put unmarried that time and now married...Do they dig so deep or if the documents are proper will they grant?

Archived