EAD renewal for spouse

billu

Need help on EAD renewal for my spouse, she is my dependent and we applied I-485 in Nov. 2011. I asked my company lawyer to file EAD renewal application and he is asking $380 filing fee and $200 attorney fee. Do we have to pay any fee for EAD renewal? Is it worth to pay lawyer $200 for the same or can I do it myself?

Also, we will be going to india in October and we are planning to apply EAD renewal by august end . is it ok if she gets new EAD card while we are gone. current EAD card will still be valid when she comes back in oct end (is valid till nov end).thanks for your advice.

I meant EAD/AP combo card. both are expiring nov 15. we are going to india from oct 1 to nov 2nd. we want to apply EAD renewal application now and my question is:

what if her EAD renewal application is pending while we are gone?

what if her new EAD card is issued when we are gone, is it ok for her to enter on old EAD/AP then?

• 1 year later...

EAD is not an entry document. If you folks have AP you can come back on valid AP. You can file her EAD yourself. But 200 USD is small change and think whether you want to do this.

Hi,

I have filed for EAD renewal for my spouse (she is my dependent on I-485). She is not working and uses her EAD for a valid driver's licence only. We could not file her EAD renewal immediately in 120 day window, but filed in 75 days before expiry. Her EAD is not yet approved. There may be lapse of few days in her EAD status. If we are lucky, EAD may be approved on time.

Will this affect the Green card processing in any way? Any other implications because of this?

Please suggest. Thank you in advance.

Archived