H1b Stamping in India or Canada

H1Binferno

hi all,

here is a background of our case.

Husband came for M.S mech engg in 2003 to usa and got H1b thru Consutant in 2005. He later changed to full time employment in 2006 and has since changed 2 companies. the present company processed GC and we have 140 approved with PD may, 2011. we are currently on 7th year of H1b. we got 3yr extn based on i140 till nov, 2014.

we had also applied for Canadian PR during recession, which got approved but we decided to forego that and stay in USA.

my husband and i have not travelled to india since 2006. we have had successful H1b stamping in 2006.we want to go to india for vacation. i am on H4 since 2006.

my question is

1. do we go to india and get stamping done there or get it done in Canada? which is safer?

2. my husband is not a consultant. he is a full time employee. does he have a better chance of safe stamping than consultant (EVCmodel)?

please help

my question is

1. do we go to india and get stamping done there or get it done in Canada? which is safer?

2. my husband is not a consultant. he is a full time employee. does he have a better chance of safe stamping than consultant (EVCmodel)?

please help

1.All the consulates are one and same. It doesn't matter if you go to India or Canada

2. Every H1B employee is a full time employee, they are not consultants. They are the full time employee of their H1B sponsoring company. Your husband is good to go for stamping.

Archived