Port Of Entry Without Project

adiludm@gmail.com

I don't think anyone can comment on your question. Sometimes you may not be questioned at all or sometimes you might be asked why are you landing in NYC when your employer is based off in Vermont. Be prepared to answer and if they have further questions, you will be taken to secondary inspection. Hope you are getting paid, irrespective of your current situation. else, it is a violation of H1 rules, buddy.

have current Dated EMployer letter h1b copy and company docs.

Then what is your concern? You can enter at any POE. PLEASE Make sure you are paid after you report. No project is not your concern. Make sure you get paid. You do have 30 days to report if you know what I mean.

That sounds like good news for me . When u say 30 days . I need to b in US within 30 days of visa Approval ?

I am travelling 31st Aug.

• 5 years later...

Hi adiludm,

I'm in a similar situation as yours. I have a valid visa with a consulting firm, but don't have a project (my client recently terminated my contract). I'd booked my tickets to India before my contract was terminated, but now I'm not sure if its safe to travel. Did you have any issues at the port of entry?

2 hours ago, elexhobby said:

Hi adiludm,

I'm in a similar situation as yours. I have a valid visa with a consulting firm, but don't have a project (my client recently terminated my contract). I'd booked my tickets to India before my contract was terminated, but now I'm not sure if its safe to travel. Did you have any issues at the port of entry?

You understand that you are replying to a 5-year-old thread, do you?

The OP is unlikely to still be around. In fact, if you hover your mouse over his name, you will find that he last visited in August 2014.

And your situation is different. For the OP, it was the first entry to start working with the employer. In that case, the rules allow up to 30 days to report to work for the employer. In your case, that does not apply.

Archived