H1B questions

kalyanz

Hi All,

My H1B got approved for 3yrs and will kick off from October 1st. Will there be any issues if I go in October month? How can I answer below questions. Can you please give your suggestions

1)Why did you came for stamping this early as I see your H1B starts from October 1st?

How to answer above question

2)How many employees will be working at your end client from your company?

At my end client location there were 4 persons working along with me from our employer . Can I say that 4 persons are working or will there be any negative impact if we say

that many persons are working. Will the VO know the correct count if I say I was the only one working at end client location. How can I answer this

3)I have not filled DS-160 forms yet. I came to know that in DS-160 forms we need to enter our monthly pay? How much do I need to enter?

My annual pay is XX$ but my monthly pay varies. Sometimes my employers pays for XX$ per month and sometimes it is more YY$ per month.

4)How come you made $$B from last year with current company?

I said $$A is my base salary with bonus it made to that amount. --This was the answer i see in the forums.

Can I answer in the same way as my base pay is more than what it was shown when I filed H1B petition.

5)How long have you been on H1B ?

I was planning to go in October month and my H1B starts from October 1st. Suppose if I go to interview sometime in October month can I say I was on

H1B from Oct 1st (past 3 days)

1. Because you are allowed to. I will tell you that your imagination is running riot. If your docs are adequate, you will get the visa.

2. The truth and only you know the answer.

3. Your LCA pay as specified.

4. Why in hades would he ask that.?

5. Should you be in H1 status if you do not know how long you have been in H1 status?

Hi All,

My H1B got approved for 3yrs and will kick off from October 1st. Will there be any issues if I go in October month? How can I answer below questions. Can you please give your suggestions

1)Why did you came for stamping this early as I see your H1B starts from October 1st?

This can be any reason..Or you can tell the reason why you are going for stamping in October..

2)How many employees will be working at your end client from your company?

You should always truthfull to Visa Officer...and 4 people from same employer working at Client Location will not have any negative impact..it can be Positive

At my end client location there were 4 persons working along with me from our employer . Can I say that 4 persons are working or will there be any negative impact if we say

that many persons are working. Will the VO know the correct count if I say I was the only one working at end client location. How can I answer this

3)I have not filled DS-160 forms yet. I came to know that in DS-160 forms we need to enter our monthly pay? How much do I need to enter?

My annual pay is XX$ but my monthly pay varies. Sometimes my employers pays for XX$ per month and sometimes it is more YY$ per month.

Look at your LCA Wages.....and monthly base salary will be LCA Wages/12

4)How come you made $$B from last year with current company?

You were not on H1 last year..so forget about this..Your base pay should always be Greater or Equal to your LCA Wages...

I said $$A is my base salary with bonus it made to that amount. --This was the answer i see in the forums.

Can I answer in the same way as my base pay is more than what it was shown when I filed H1B petition.

5)How long have you been on H1B ?

I was planning to go in October month and my H1B starts from October 1st. Suppose if I go to interview sometime in October month can I say I was on

H1B from Oct 1st (past 3 days)

Yes

Mostly you will not have much questions on H1..expect questions on when you are on OPT..

Hi Raj,

1)My employer runs per diem (1./5th of my pay). Will this be a problem...Will this be okay as I am on OPT and will be going to stamping in October.

2) Some of my friends suggested to go to H1B stamping when my payroll runs for 2months on H1B. But I was planning to go in Oct as my job might be ending up in Jan and I cant wait till december (2paychecks on H1B). Rather I can think of going in Oct last week after 28th as by that time one paycheck will run on H1B. Does it make any difference having paychecks on H1B and paychecks on OPT.....What do you suggest

3)One more doubt . I thought to give a headsup to my employer that I will be needing vendor letter and client letter.He is saying there is no need to submit vendor letter again. My employer said that while I will be going for H1B stamping he will give set of documents which includes documents submitted during H1B petition. It includes all the client letter, vendor letter, employer letter which are submitted during petition filing time.

Is that when we go for visa interview do I need to submit those letters only or I need to submit the current one?

My client name was changed. It had one name when I filed petition and it had new name now. So if take recent new client letter which has new name on

it. Will it be okay? Do I need to submit the latest client letter also....

I have supporting documents which tells about the new branding name (old name to new name). It was changed recently in august. I will carry it too..

When I fill DS-160 forms and when VO asks (What is your client name can I say the current name). I was thinking to say I work for XXXX client which was formerly known as YYYY.

Will it be okay?

Please advise raj....

Archived