GC initiation for future employment while on H1B

gcmode

I am currently in the USA on a H1B visa valid until June 2014 and am working for Employer A.

Now, I have a prospective ... Employer B... willing to apply for and initiate my Green Card processing in parallel while I continue to work for Employer A.

Question 1. Is the above process of applying for GC for a future need allowed per law?

Question 2. If it is allowed.. Can I switch to a different ...Employer C ... through... H1B transfer ... while... Employer A... continues to process my GC?

1. Yes

2. I thought B was filing your GC.

Thank you for the response!

Yes... B will be filing for my GC.

I am on a long term project with Employer A and expect to be with Employer A ...as my GC process goes in parallel.

If there is a chance of Employer A's project coming to an end before planned I intend to transfer H1B to Employer B who would have started my GC processing as a future requirement by then.

So,

1) Now that Employer B actually wanted me in the future...

2) and the off chance that he may not have the project suited for me started/initiated at that point...where I make H1B transfer....

Would I be able to transfer to a prospective Employer C...who may have project running already??

That was the context of my initial question.

Archived