H1 extension and India travel

Shruti1983

Hi Group,

My current H1 will expire in September end and an extension is about to be filed by my employer(which is a consultancy company). I have my plan to go to India and come back before expiry of current VISA.

Can I still travel to India for 2 weeks and come back before Sept end(before expiry of current H1 VISA) If yes, which of the 2 H1 extension processing I should go for- Premium or General.

I came to know premium processing attracts many Queries but considering above - India travel - which one is the best way to process- General or Premium?

Regards,

@livliv "You should not travel when extension is pending. If you have to, return after extension gets approved"

What is the best case at this moment out of the following.

1. Dont start the extension process untill I am back from India(off course return should be before the expiry of current VISA)

2. Start the extension and then travel to India but do come before the expiry of current VISA.

I am little tensed and would like to book the ticket based on the safe bet.

Regards,

Shruti.

Hi Senior members,

My employer says I can start the H1 extension in parallel independently of my India travel and it wont hamper my india travel. However i wanna know the groups suggestions also. Out of the above 2 which is the best option and if you wanna give any other option too.

Regards,

Shruti,

Do you know that we can always travel untill atleast we have 2-3 months of valid VISA, I am not sure but I am also in th same boat so i am bit tense too. Say if you travel in AUG and wud come back in AUG only , will you be allowed to re-enter

or even board as you have only 1 month VISA left ? although you can always show that yours extension is in progress.

Please suggest I also have similar plans so am little bit confused what to do...

Archived