H-1B stamping for new employer while Old visa stamping is still valid

philostik

Greetings All:

I am hoping to get appropriate guidance from team here.

Facts:

1. I currently have a valid H-1B visa stamping valid until September 2014

2. My wife also has a dependent visa (H4) and her visa validility is also valid till 2014. She is currently in India and has never been to US

Plans Ahead:

1. I got another good offer and thinking of changing the job

2. I plan to go to India this December and bring my wife with me for the first time

Questions / Uncertainties:

1. Would myself and my wife need to see the consulate again (while in India) for the latest employer visa or would the old visa stamping along with approved I-797 allow us both an entry into states?

2. Would my wife need any separate approval besides my I-797 approval

Please advise. Many thanks,

Sincerely,

Bharat

Greetings All:

I am hoping to get appropriate guidance from team here.

Facts:

1. I currently have a valid H-1B visa stamping valid until September 2014

2. My wife also has a dependent visa (H4) and her visa validility is also valid till 2014. She is currently in India and has never been to US

Plans Ahead:

1. I got another good offer and thinking of changing the job

2. I plan to go to India this December and bring my wife with me for the first time

Questions / Uncertainties:

1. Would myself and my wife need to see the consulate again (while in India) for the latest employer visa or would the old visa stamping along with approved I-797 allow us both an entry into states?

2. Would my wife need any separate approval besides my I-797 approval

Please advise. Many thanks,

Sincerely,

Bharat

1. Old stamping will work. I am telling you by my personal experience. CBP officer at POE writes the name of employer on the back of I-94 card, so just make sure to check that. I am not sure if it even matters. CBP officer did confirm with me before writing on I-94 to make sure he is writing the name of my current employer. That's how I know.

Archived