How many years of stamping I will get?

Praveenj

Hi All,

I have visa till 31Dec2012 (stamping required), and I filed my new extension and got it for next 2 years!

The effective start date mentioned on new I-797 is 01Jan2013. I am planning to visit India next month! When I go for stamping, I will get my visa stamped for only these 6 months? or including the new approval copy, total of 2.5 years?

Can I use both approved copies for stamping or I should use the current one which is going to end on 31Dec2012?

Your replies are valuable! Thank you!

Hi All,

I have visa till 31Dec2012 (stamping required), and I filed my new extension and got it for next 2 years!

The effective start date mentioned on new I-797 is 01Jan2013. I am planning to visit India next month! When I go for stamping, I will get my visa stamped for only these 6 months? or including the new approval copy, total of 2.5 years?

Can I use both approved copies for stamping or I should use the current one which is going to end on 31Dec2012?

Your replies are valuable! Thank you!

make sure while filling ds 160 u enter your new I797 details ,and just carry your current I797 .

i had the same case with current valid till oct 2012 and extension of 3 years ,i got stamped till 2015 oct. .

Archived