Email to congressman fo 221g

Jas_on_H1

You need to wait as it will not help you anyway.Other thing you could try applying for fulltime positions or join the vendor directly if your currently on EVC model, ask them to file H1B and go for stamping as seen few cases on the murthy forums who did that and got stamped 2nd time atleast instead of waiting for more time .., Its not suggested but may be you can try your luck.

As far as I know, you cannot, on your behalf, get the status of your case through a congressman or a senator. The only person who can do that for you is the petitioner, which is your company. I went through the same thing, and asked my employer to get the status on my case which they did through the congressman, but to no avail. He received a generic reply, which he forwarded to me saying my case is still under admin processing. Remember, he/she cannot do anything to expedite the case. They can only get the status of your case, which you can easily get the update by calling the DOS. Its just a waste of time and energy. ATB.

@221g scapegoat its true they cannot expedite the process,but surely can help getting the current status either to benificary(as in my case) or peteioner.Again if they call the DOS office they will receive the same generic answer as we do since that is the only info DOS will have updated from their end.In my case Senator is directly reaching to Consulate and requesting for updates.

Also this process can be suggestible if case is pending more that 3 months Admin Processing since less that 3 months consulate always ask to wait as general rule of Admin Processing.Affter 4 months can be questionable reason to them of the delay.

I think its worth giving a try when you case is not moving and we are sitting with no options.

Reply to Senator today forwarded to me same old pending :(

Dear Ms. xxxx

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry dated July xx, 2012, regarding the nonimmigrant visa application of xxxx, who wants to visit the U.S. as a skilled temporary worker in a specialty occupation.

xxxxxx application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. There is no definite time frame for this processing as it depends on the individual circumstances of each case. The Department of State is continuously working to improve processing and expedite visas, and we appreciate Mr. xxxx patience. Please be assured that we will contact Mr. xxxxxas soon as this processing is complete.

Archived