H1-B Original Document

unva_123

Hi Folks,

Iam on H1-B and my employer is denying to give me my H1-B Copy(Original Copy).

Actually He is saying that If I shall give him a Cheque of 3000$ (blank Cheque) then he will give my H1-B copy.

Actually he is not paying the salary on time,He has to pay me 2 months salary.He said he is gonna pay me some x% on my hourly rate .

But whereas he is cheating me he is deducting 10$ and then splitting the amount. IS there anything I can do about this employer.

When you are in the guest house they treat you like ****.

Iam planning to complain to USCIS ,but Iam worried He might revoke my H1-B If I do that. Is there any way I can threaten him or do something else

and get my H1-B document.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Folks,

Iam on H1-B and my employer is denying to give me my H1-B Copy(Original Copy).

Actually He is saying that If I shall give him a Cheque of 3000$ (blank Cheque) then he will give my H1-B copy.

Actually he is not paying the salary on time,He has to pay me 2 months salary.He said he is gonna pay me some x% on my hourly rate .

But whereas he is cheating me he is deducting 10$ and then splitting the amount. IS there anything I can do about this employer.

When you are in the guest house they treat you like ****.

Iam planning to complain to USCIS ,but Iam worried He might revoke my H1-B If I do that. Is there any way I can threaten him or do something else

and get my H1-B document.

Thanks in Advance.

Now that you have decided to change the employer. Find another employer first and then file a complaint against that employer. DOL will force the employer to pay back your pending wages within few days after getting the complaint.

Now that you have decided to change the employer. Find another employer first and then file a complaint against that employer. DOL will force the employer to pay back your pending wages within few days after getting the complaint.

Thanks For the Response Rahul.I can find an other employer ,but I need to transfer H1-B right ,I can't transfer without H1-B copy ,Moreover If I complaint and what if He revoke My H1-B.I would be out of status and loose my job.

Thanks For the Response Rahul.I can find an other employer ,but I need to transfer H1-B right ,I can't transfer without H1-B copy ,Moreover If I complaint and what if He revoke My H1-B.I would be out of status and loose my job.

Well I don't know what should be done at this situation. Contact any attorney or wait for more replies...

File a complaint on WH4. At least you will not be complicit in anything wrong. You may eventually get back wages based on the actual facts of the case. He is not allowed retaliation by law though as a practical matter you will need to find another H1 sponsor and the complaint may help in getting a transfer. The complaint process is slow. But an Officer will get back to you eventually. You should plan on leaving his guest house and temporarily staying with friends. Be aware that as long as you are paid the wages specified by the LCA, you have no grouse. The % thing is all a different matter. Or you could discuss your troubles with an Immigration Lawyer and ask what he suggests.

File a complaint on WH4. At least you will not be complicit in anything wrong. You may eventually get back wages based on the actual facts of the case. He is not allowed retaliation by law though as a practical matter you will need to find another H1 sponsor and the complaint may help in getting a transfer. The complaint process is slow. But an Officer will get back to you eventually. You should plan on leaving his guest house and temporarily staying with friends. Be aware that as long as you are paid the wages specified by the LCA, you have no grouse. The % thing is all a different matter. Or you could discuss your troubles with an Immigration Lawyer and ask what he suggests.

One more thing guys. Iam planning to call to USCIS and say that my H1-B (copy) is lost and ask to send me an other copy.

Actually I have the Scanned Copy Of H1-B with I don't know If this is useful for transferring H1-B.

What do you say about this guys? Can I talk to USCIS directly or not ?will that create any problem.

Thanks&Regards

Archived