H1b stamping in Vancouver, Have appointment tomorrow (25th July), postpone for 1 day or expedited appointment?

varmatheone

I have an appointment at Vancouver for tomorrow, 25th July, but canadian consulate can only give me tourist visa tomorrow, even though I applied a month ago.

I need to go to India before Aug 7th (wedding) and dont want to take a risk with many folks getting stuck there. Would I be able to make a request to the consulate for Expedited appointment for this situation? Or should I try for Tijuana? I am not sure what would be the better approach at this point.

Thank you so much in advance.

I have an appointment at Vancouver for tomorrow, 25th July, but canadian consulate can only give me tourist visa tomorrow, even though I applied a month ago.

I need to go to India before Aug 7th (wedding) and dont want to take a risk with many folks getting stuck there. Would I be able to make a request to the consulate for Expedited appointment for this situation? Or should I try for Tijuana? I am not sure what would be the better approach at this point.

Thank you so much in advance.

Dude, I think you cancel your appt 24hrs earlier the appt time. Check the website, you will get an confirmation when you reserved the interview time and also by what time you can cancel the appt in that email itself. It should be clearly mentioned in that email/webpage.

I have attended visa interview in vancouver on july-16th it went very smooth. me & my friends 4 memebrs all of them got visa. if your appointment time is at 9am or later try to be there at 8am the process will take long time. first u need to be in line for 30-40min then go to counter-1 for I-797 and photo verification, in counter-1 they will give token number u need to wait until ur number comes. In waiting hall there is a TV in that ur token no will be displayed for vo officer call. once your number is displayed u will go to 20th floor there in counter-3 they will call for fingerprint verification then u need to wait for visa interview call. u will there lot people giving interview inforntof visa officer there are some chairs for waiting candidates. then ur no will be called for visa interview.

Level of VO interview questions total 3 counters(4,5,6) for interview

counter-4(minimum basic questions 90% wont ask docs except I-797 & passport) - almost 100% u will get visa

Counter-5(avg level of questining here also 80-90% wont ask docs except I-797 & passport) - almost 100% u will get Visa

Counter-6(he will ask some questions just give proper answer 80% wont ask docs) - almost 95% u will get visa

all thre counters just asks normal known questions about employer,job roles,payroll,end client relationship,bench period,how long ur working,ur techincal skils metioned while applying h1b petion,i-129...etc

finally they wont take any docs from you except I-797 & passport....

all my friends who attend interview with me also didnt given any docs except I-797 & passport :)...

so my best suggestion is good to go to vancouver.

Archived