H-1B reinstatement, presently on H-4

sachinbharadwajs

Sir/madam,

I am presently on H-4 status. I do have my H-1B petition that I have never used. And just because it was applied last year and I was not in the US then, it didnt come with an I-94.

I came into the country on H-4 as my husband is here on H-1B, and I didnt have a project during that time. I havent used my H-1B till date.

I would like to know if I can get my H-1B reinstated before it expires, should the reinstatement be done from the same company who worked on my H-1B petition or can I get it transfered and reinstated through any other company who is ready to sponser?

Also, Will the extension of my H-1B automatically happen depending on the project duration, or should the extension be filed seperately?

Hope to get answers ASAP.

Thank you.

Basically you have been cap counted once and are eligible for a total of 6 years in H1 status with no period more than 3 years. Forget the word reinstatement. You need to find a H1 sponsor who will file a non cap H1 petition for you and on approval with COS or after leaving and coming back with the H1 visa, you can start work.

Archived