2 Successful Stampings @ Ottawa July 3rd 8am - FTE's

lux226

Hi

Thanks to those who have updated their visa experiences in this forum, it helped a lot in getting mine.me and my friend went for H1b stamping today and both our visas are approved.

My background F1 ---> H1 (converted EVC to FTE 4 months back) same with my friend.

Reached consulate by 7:30 am went through security check and guy at first counter took passport,DS160 and I797and gave token (mine was 1 and my friend's was 2) then called for finger printing.My number was called and went to counter 2.

VO: What does ABC company do?

ME: Explained about my employer.

VO: How long yo have been working there?

ME: XXX months.

VO:What do you do there?

ME: told my roles and responsibilities.

VO: So you are based out of Arlington VA?

ME: Yes

VO: so you are here in Canada to escape from heat wave and storm (laughed)

ME: I said yes it was horrible and we didn't have power for 2 days.

VO:What technology and softwares do you use?

ME: told abt it.

VISA is approved!!!

Gave the white paper and told to check the website in 2 days and told that as tomorrow is holiday you will get your passport by friday.

my friends interview. same VO

VO:What do you do for your employer?

REPLY: explained abt role.

VO:How long have you been working there?

REPLY: XXX months

VO:What softwares and technology do you use?

REPLY: explained abt it.

your VISA is approved!!!!

Gave the white paper and told to check the website in 2 days.

The VO was very casual he was laughing the whole time, didn't ask any documents(not even employer letter) except what we submitted in first counter. our interviews lasted for a minute. pretty much every one got visas at that time.

Be confident and Good luck to all !!!!!

Updating post stamping related stuff :

1) my friend received email from loomis July 5th 4:45 PM , picked up passport @ 5:30 PM same day from loomis.

2) my petition was not updated in PIMS (VO didn't say that my PIMS was not updated, I saw a "NO PIMS" stamped on my DS 160 confirmation page during interview ), received email from loomis July 9th 4:00 PM, picked up passport @ 5:00 PM same day from loomis.

3) Old I94 was removed from the passport by consulate and F1 visa had a stamp "CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE" on it.

4) on the way back immigration check happened in Ottawa airport, I got new I94.

Archived