Is it H1 or J1?


Recommended Posts


I have a PhD from a University in America.

Currently, I am on OPT (about to expire) and going to join another university as a Post Doctoral Scientist.

My question is that, what kind of visa the university would sponsor me for?

Is it H1 or J1?

I know J1 visa is for those who come from outside to US for a post doc position or any research position. And H1 is for those who are already here and heard that it is an Academic H1 which does not fall under the H1B cap.

Please advise and clarify my doubts.



Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.