EAD AND H1

kasede

HI,

My Pd is on Feb 2 /2009 and 180 days will be over by Sep/22. I have my H1 till July 31. I was offered to transfer to a different state XXX with the same employer and with the same Job title and job responsibilities by July 2nd. I actually asked my Company to extend and ammend my H1 to the new location ASAP so that i dont have to use my EAD. Iam also not planning to work for any other employer and not use EAD AT ALL.

My company says i will be good to start work in the XXX (different) state as i have my EAD and will definitely do the H1 extension before July 31. This scenario is confusing me .

So, i would appreciate the sugessions regarding whether iam good to join in the XXX state on July 2 or wait till they file an H1B extension for the new location OR THE SAFEST WAY TO DO THIS TRANSFER.

BTW iam in health care industry.

Thank you.

Sorry cant answer your question .. but I have heard something similar but dont know how possible it is..

What I heard was that you can start on ead and file for h1 transfer extension etc on the side.. which makes no sense to me since once i take up ead and start working on that i think h1 is revoked automatically.. if someone can throw light on it that would be great.

Archived