Work from India with H1B visa

spaps

I am currently working as a permanent employee on H1B status in US. I am planning to go to India for a while (7-8months). Can I work remotely part time/full time from India for a certain period of time? I am not sure if I will come back and I am not going to work in India if I am working for this current employer. My visa is valid until October 2013. Please help.

Thanks all for your replies. I was reading in a forum that this will be violating H1B/LCA rules and the employer will be in trouble if USCIS comes to know this. Are there any procedures or forms that I need to submit if I am going to make this switch?

Thanks all for your replies. I was reading in a forum that this will be violating H1B/LCA rules and the employer will be in trouble if USCIS comes to know this. Are there any procedures or forms that I need to submit if I am going to make this switch?

The H1 is a US-specific thing. If you are not in the US you are by definition not on H1, and it is therefore impossible to violate any H1 rules.

There are other rules, e.g., regarding taxes, that may apply. But certainly not any H1 rules.

"I was reading in a forum that this will be violating H1B/LCA rules and the employer will be in trouble if USCIS comes to know this. Are there any procedures or forms that I need to submit if I am going to make this switch?"

=> Better to follow the right forum. Use your judgement.

• 1 month later...

@wiweq: Please see the response above yours. I had the same question as yours and the response above yours makes sense.

Wiweq's answer also makes sense. He meant "reading this forum", not some other forum where people post false information. You read some BS on some other forum. Avoid that other forum in the future...

Archived