H1b Visa Stamping ... please help

nv1234

My sister is getting married in Jan 2012 and my husbands's 2nd H1b is getting expired in April 2012 but he's going for H1b stamping on Aug 8,2011 to Canada.

If he get's h1b stamping in August then will it be a risk if he goes with me in Jan 2012?

I'm on my 1st H1b.I'll get my stamping from India.

Can anybody stop him at the airport while coming back?

Pleas please give some suggestions.

No risk as far as I can tell. Just get a letter from Employer that his I-797 will be renewed after April 2012 and keep it handy in case he asks. Unless he comes back on a date that is very close to the visa expiry date, no one is going to question him. I travel all the time and entered 30 days before expiry and verbally said my status will be extended. More than 30 days they wont even bother asking at entry in most occasions. Good that you are planning early. Enjoy the marriage without worry free.

Sorry, its not a good idea to file extension before leaving. I specifically asked this question when I talked to my lawyer and she said not to leave US until the decision is made on the application once applied. So I waited for my overseas trip and then filed for premium processing after I came back. I may not be right but these are words straight out of my Immigration Lawyer. Hope she knows what she is talking about.

Originally posted by freshoftheboat?:

If your husband is going to get his visa stamped in Canada in Aug 8,2011 and he gets the stamp then he can travel internationally and can come back anytime. However if his stamping gets rejected in Canada then he will have to go back to his home country to get his visa stamped

Can you share his interview?

• 8 months later...

Archived