Can I use my B1/B2 visa

raghuraj

I got stuck in India from past 4 months regarding my H1B query. So it might take another 2-3 months to solve the query. I am having my B1/B2 visa valid till 2017.I traveled on this visa only once in 2007. Later I got my H1B and was working in US on this visa from past 2 years.

My question is Can I enter into us on B1/B2 visa as this is not cancelled. How can we know if it is cancelled or not. As I can see on my passport there is no cancellation or any pen mark on the visa.

1)What are the questions I can expect at port of entry if I am entering into USA on B1/B2 as earlier I entered into US on H1B.

2)If my H1B is approved after 2or3 months I need to come back to India for the H1B stamping and get the H1B stamping and return to US on H1B visa.Does it create any prob again at port of entry.

Well, you said in your earlier post that you wanted to work on B1... What now?

You can expect the officer at the POE similarly skeptical... And your answers weren't all that convincing that you wouldn't work.

And how is your employer "ready to help"? He can't help you while you are on B1.

• 2 months later...

I gave my India contact number and my USA contact number to the consulate people. As of now I am in US. I came here on B1/B2 visa with some personnel reasons. I did not receive any call to my US contact number. The consulate people called to my India contact number which was with my wife and she did not responded to that calls. Today I got the mail from Consulate that they are trying to reach me and provide the contact details.

Can I call directly and say that I am in US on B1/B2 with some personnel reasons. And, ask them do they need any other documents. If they want to submit my passport I need to immediately come to India to submit my passport.

Is any one in similar situations. What questions they might ask once I call them. Please help me with your suggestions.

Archived