Canada Visit Visa

venkat.raj9

Hi All ,

My Visa Date is on June 25th in Vancouver and I thought of going to LA for Canada visa, but I came to know that From June 1st the Canada consulate is not accepting any in-person interview.

Can you please let me know the best way to get the canadian VISA, Do you know any Canadian consulate where in-person interviews are still allowed.

I dont have much time left , you reply is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Hi Venkat,

I went to washington D.C and it was same day. If the consulate is busy they might ask you to come back next day to collect the passport.

NY -- is a drop box and you need to collect your passport next day. The processing time website talks about is a maximum period.

Good luck.

Hi all,

My cousin is in process of applying Canada Visiting visa. He's on east coast. I heard that few consulates (Washington DC) issue Visiting visa (multiple entry) valid up to the validity of our I-797 only. Is that true? Some one please suggest.

I got my visiting visa in LA branch, valid until 1 month before my passport expires.

Hi All ,

My Visa Date is on June 25th in Vancouver and I thought of going to LA for Canada visa, but I came to know that From June 1st the Canada consulate is not accepting any in-person interview.

Can you please let me know the best way to get the canadian VISA, Do you know any Canadian consulate where in-person interviews are still allowed.

I dont have much time left , you reply is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat.

They have stopped processing in person applications at seattle, WA canadian consulate as well, i made a mistake that i haven't checked the seattle canadian embassy website for quite a while and went there yesterday without checking any updates on their website, by the time i went there, there was a security guard stopped me and asked me if i were following the signs on website, and he showed me a big notice stuck on the front door of the embassy stating that effective from june 1st 2012, they have stopped processing in person applications, i tried to convince him as i was coming from a different state and i wasn't aware of the new changes on website.

But, he doesn't seem to be convinced and didn't let me to talk to some one inside the consulate, i finally convinced him by making a story and he let me in to talk to someone inside, i was surprised to see that they have shut all the lights off and counters as well, but there was a lady in one of the counters opened the counter as soon as she saw me approaching her and asked me why i was here, i have explained the same what i told the security guard at front desk, and she was so helpful and talked to her manager to see if she can make an exception for me as i came down all the way from Texas to seattle, her manager given her OK to process my application as i was the only guy showed up and missed to read an update on website.

long story in short, they have processed my application and granted me a VISA in passport and it was valid until my passport is expired ..

Archived