Stamping with less than 4 months remaining on H1b permit validity

Diorsdune

I have 4 months validity period remaining on an h1b permit a company filed last year. I haven't gone for the stamping due to personal reasons & haven't been working out of India. Now, I would like to take the offer up & I will be able to travel as soon as I get the visa..

I wanted to understand if having only a 4 month validity period remaining on the permit could have a detrimental effect when I go for a stamping.

The company is still willing to hire me & we also have a project (client letter etc is not the problem). What's the probability of getting a successful stamping done with only 4 months remaining.

Pontevecchio... would be nice to hear from you.

Thanks ahead.

I have 4 months validity period remaining on an h1b permit a company filed last year. I haven't gone for the stamping due to personal reasons & haven't been working out of India. Now, I would like to take the offer up & I will be able to travel as soon as I get the visa..

I wanted to understand if having only a 4 month validity period remaining on the permit could have a detrimental effect when I go for a stamping.

The company is still willing to hire me & we also have a project (client letter etc is not the problem). What's the probability of getting a successful stamping done with only 4 months remaining.

Pontevecchio... would be nice to hear from you.

Thanks ahead.

I read in this forum . The guy having 4 months got visa. So i don't think any problem.

@ helpme221g - thank you for your response.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Can the experts please add to this.

Technically/Legally I know this is not wrong/should not be an issue. HOWEVER, I would like to know if someone knows what the current trend is in similar cases.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response Pontevecchio.

The company wants me to join them first & said they would file an extension once I am in US.

Technically the VO should not have a problem with the validity period remaining on the permit.

That is why I want to know if I were to go for a stamping with just 3 months remaining on my H1 permit - what's the probability of getting a successful stamping done? Have you come across a similar case??

• 1 month later...

Thank you Pontevecchio :-)

I don't want to try the only way to find out.. :-D and so let the company know.. that I need a H1b permit with more validity period on it, before I go for a stamping.

1) I'm told by the company that since I haven't worked with them yet... they cannot file for an extension, before I join them in US. - Is that right?

2) If an extension does not apply... Is an I129/H1b amendment the way to go about filing and getting additional time.

3) What next step would my company have to take - what are the options -Amendment / New H1....etc?

They are consulting their Attorney.. meanwhile I wanted to do my home work too. :)

4) Should the company withdraw the first H1b they filed (with barely any validity period left on it) before applying for the amendment/new h1/not sure what are the diff options... ?

Thanks again.

@ pontevecchio.. I wasn't willing to take any chances.. (JUST in case a 221G is issued.. & an avg 2-3 mth wait.. leads to the end of the validity period.. & then another petition (h1 extension) would be a waste.. & so I explained it & asked my company to apply again for extended h1 validity, before I go for the stamping. We let the client know that I will not join them. I will now be assigned to a new project 'cos of which I cannot use the existing H1 permit (has the old client's location).

Please can you help me out with answers to the questions from my previous post - 07/26. Thanks ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

@ pontevecchio..... The new company has not filed for a new H1b yet.

Bare with me & let me try & re-phrase my scenario & questions.. this time I have a new offer from another company as well.... and need to understand the options I have...

I've created a new post in the General H1b section of the forum & the title is "H1b Amendment+Extension / Transfer.. currently not in US"................ would be great if you could please spare sometime & help me with the answers.

Thanks!

Archived