Credit Card bills plus personal loan plus car loan in US

san_diego

Hi,

I am in a very terrible situation. I came to India in Jan went for visa stamping got 221g blue. Its been more than 4 months, no reply from Mumbai Consulate.

I have credit card bills + personal loan + car loan totaling to USD 24000.

Has I got my visa stamp I would have cleared all my debt. Now I am stuck.

I paid minimum payments to credit card companies until April. I am broke now.

Dont know what are my options. I dont even know if US consulate is gona issue a visa.

Any suggestions?

1) Try getting a new H1, that solves all your problems;

2) Apply for a new credit card and do a balance transfer if possible

3) Return the car

4) Talk to the personal loan bank, explain your situation, get some time to repay or to reduce the loan amount

5) Get a job in your home country and repay the reduced loans

You can not just say, I am Broke, you need to take the responsibility of your debts.

I paid minimum payments to credit card companies until April. I am broke now.

So, what did you do from January to now?

If your employer or client didn't allow you to work remotely and earn money that way, did you start looking for a better employer?

I am in a similar situation like you are. I came to India for my marriage and attended the H-1B visa interview at Chennai in January. I was issued a 221g and since then my case is pending administrative processing. My employer allowed me to work remotely only fro a month and since then I am jobless. I too have my car loan worth 22k and credit card. But the thing here is that I presumed that my case would go under 221g before hand since I have a common muslim name. Hence i had done all the savings so that the amount is sufficient for atleast 8-10 months. And also I filed the tax returns for the year 2011 and now I have enough money to pay my credit card and car loan for atleast 6 more months. So, I advise you if you did not file your taxes, then this is the best time to do. or if you already did it, then you should have been smart enough before you came to india to do some savings as everybody knows these days that many cases are going into admin processing.

I am in similiar situation...I have nearly 25K credit card debt and I can only make minimum payments for another TWO months after which I have to default if I don't get visa by then. It will be a civil issue and will not have any impact on next Visa interview. I will be more than happy to repay the debt if I get visa...without which I just can't...had EVC interview on Feb 1st and stuck with 221g since then...lets see....

Archived