221g Requirement - H1B

svikram12

Hi All,

I appeared for the H1B interview recently and VO gave me 221g, although I am FTE of a small company.

The green slip which she gave me, few items were ticked. I have a question regarding one of them.

" A Letter (on Letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S job site stating that there is a vacancy for you "

Have anyody submitted that ? and how to get this letter.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Does the small company have an HR or is the owner doing this job?

It is small company but not that small. They do have HR deparment.

Initially I thought they need letter from Job Site, I checked with my company and they told me that they will provide all the documents.

But strange part is when a company is filling H1B and they are giving you all the documents,offer letter etc. still US Consulate is asking for a letter from Personnel department stating that they have a vacancy for you, strange requirement.

any idea how much time it takes after submitting all the documents ? also what is the difference between green and white slip, mine is green one.

I am also in the same situation like you working for a small company FTE ,what all documents have the consulate asked you to submit ? Can you please share ?I am planning to go for stamping in August at Mumbai .

Documents were known ones, like Approval notice, I-129,offer letter, exp letters, edu qual..etc. etc...Instead of checking at the time of interview. They asked you to deposit.

I don't know what kind of process is this.

Archived