VSC receipt not received yet

My H1 extension application (for premium processing) was delivered May 17 2012. This is as per the delivery confirmation from USPS priority mail. However, there has been no receipt number sent out to date. As per the latest news on USCIS website, there is a processing delay of I129 applications. Hence the worst case delay seems to be 60 days to get a receipt number. Does this hold good for an application through premium processing to?

Does this hold good for an application through premium processing to?

=> Yup. Until they don't issue receipt no, it’s not a PP. They know this trick, and issue the receipt only after making sure that they can process the petition in 15 calendar days. You can't do anything without receipt number but to wait.

USCIS is taking time to issue receipt no, better not to change the employer these days. Once they are normal, start again looking for new employer.

My H1 extension application (for premium processing) was delivered May 17 2012. This is as per the delivery confirmation from USPS priority mail. However, there has been no receipt number sent out to date. As per the latest news on USCIS website, there is a processing delay of I129 applications. Hence the worst case delay seems to be 60 days to get a receipt number. Does this hold good for an application through premium processing to?

Just heard from the attorney that he received a notice that the case was transferred to California from Vermont.

Does this hold good for an application through premium processing to?

=> Yup. Until they don't issue receipt no, it’s not a PP. They know this trick, and issue the receipt only after making sure that they can process the petition in 15 calendar days. You can't do anything without receipt number but to wait.

USCIS is taking time to issue receipt no, better not to change the employer these days. Once they are normal, start again looking for new employer.

I saw some post mention that once your application is approved you could get the PP fee back because they took more than 15 days to process. So assuming my PP application was sitting in the mail receive room for over 15 days and then was transferred to another processing center...guess we cannot prove..except to use the delivery confirmation from the mail..

"I saw some post mention that once your application is approved you could get the PP fee back because they took more than 15 days to process. So assuming my PP application was sitting in the mail receive room for over 15 days and then was transferred to another processing center...guess we cannot prove..except to use the delivery confirmation from the mail.."

Yes, you heard correct. If they can't give you any result in 15 days of receipt date, they will return the money and still take the case in PP. But again, PP date starts from receipt date, and they are much aware that when they should issue the receipt date :)

"I saw some post mention that once your application is approved you could get the PP fee back because they took more than 15 days to process. So assuming my PP application was sitting in the mail receive room for over 15 days and then was transferred to another processing center...guess we cannot prove..except to use the delivery confirmation from the mail.."

Yes, you heard correct. If they can't give you any result in 15 days of receipt date, they will return the money and still take the case in PP. But again, PP date starts from receipt date, and they are much aware that when they should issue the receipt date :)

Thanks... I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes with CSC ...as it took almost 2 weeks just to transfer...

Thanks... I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes with CSC ...as it took almost 2 weeks just to transfer...

Just got my WAC number today..As per the email..the received date is May 29 at CSC even though the delivery confirmation showed May 17 at VSC. I shd have the result by June 15..Fingers crossed...

I still havent got my receipt, when I contacted my lawyer, she said that USCIS issued a notice saying receipt can take upto 6-8 weeks, my application was delivered on 4/26, and still nothing. I am in my 6th week now.

Are other also facing the same situation or am I the only one. Please suggest what I can do.

I still havent got my receipt, when I contacted my lawyer, she said that USCIS issued a notice saying receipt can take upto 6-8 weeks, my application was delivered on 4/26, and still nothing. I am in my 6th week now.

Are other also facing the same situation or am I the only one. Please suggest what I can do.

Is this PP? Either case if its been 60 days since the application delivery, I guess the attorney can take it up USCIS with the delivery confirmation

Is this PP? Either case if its been 60 days since the application delivery, I guess the attorney can take it up USCIS with the delivery confirmation

Hi,

My application is filed on April 09,2012 and accepted on April 12, 2012. RFE issued on April 19, 2012. And awaiting for my sponsor to respond to RFE. Fingers crossed. How abu urs?

Archived