Done with my H1 Stamping @ Ottawa Consulate on May 15th

Sri999

Hi Friends,

i was done with my H1 stamping at Ottawa consulate on May 15th.

Here is my interview experience at consulate.

My Interview appointment @ 8:30am, i was at consulate by 7:30am.

1) Done with my security check and left my cell phone and car keys at security check desk. They will give you token to collect back those stuff once interview done.

In side Consulate:

1) once entering into waiting room at immediate right counter they verified and took my DS-160 (Photo on DS-160 should be recent one), I-797, Passport and (client letter if you are working for client ie. EVC or EVVC model). I got token number for Finger prints and Visa interview and asked me to wait for token call.

2) After 15 min they called me for finger prints and asked me to wait for interview.

3) Finally VO counter opened and called my number.

Here is the conversation

Me: Good morning officer

VO: Very Good morning already he had my Passport and I-797 form

VO: Who is your client?

Me: i told i'm FT employee for xxxxx company (Client)

VO: Tell me about your company

Me: i gave details in brief about my company

VO: what is your role?

Me: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

VO:How many employees in your company?

Me: xxxx

Vo: returned my I-797 and told Ok gentle man i'm approving your VISA. (And gave one form which contains steps to track passport status)

Me: Thank you sir have a wonderful day..

I took my cell phone and car keys at security check point and back to my room.

Thanks everyone and ALL THE BEST for your interview......

Yours,

Sri....

Congrats Sri. i am planning to go to Ottawa for stamping. I am in EVC but my client will not give any letter. Do you think i can take chance?

If you are on EVC model and attending Visa interview without client letter it will be a tough time for you Vasu as per my knowledge.

Congrats Sri. i am planning to go to Ottawa for stamping. I am in EVC but my client will not give any letter. Do you think i can take chance?

Hi vasu12, if your client cannot provide you with a letter, try to get this in an e-mail. To be specific, try to get an e-mail from your client that they cannot provide any letter on this regards. I have read a few cases where in, people took this e-mail to the embassy and their visa was granted. Good luck

Hi,

I appeared for H1B Extension Visa Stamping here at Ottawa on 17-May-2012. The 1st question they ask whether you have Client Letter. Hence i would assume that Client Letter as well as Employer Letter are mandatory.

Good Luck.

Vel

Archived