Should I accept the job offer?

goodboy1808

Hello,

I am currently on my 1st H1B and my company has filed for H1B renewal. I have also got my I-140 and my priority date is Nov'2010 through my current employer. I just got an offer from another company. Below are my questions:

1) If I decide to accept the offer, will there be any complications in H1B transfer? My company has already filed for my renewal (and my spouse's H4 renewal as well) through regular processing and I haven't received the confirmation yet. My current employer is also open to premium processing (but I have to pay the money). Should I expedite my H1B renewal to get confirmation before H1B transfer? or renewal/transfer can go in parallel?

2) On GC front, things are currently stalled for those with priority dates after May'2010 (mine is Nov'2010). They "might" start accepting new priority dates after October this year. Does it make sense for me at this point to switch jobs? Do you guys think GC process will move ahead? I do have a waiting period of 1yr. before my new employer would file for my GC.

I do like the new opportunity description/role/duties wise. But kind of confused whether I should accept it or not.

Please advise,

Thank you.

Archived