Spouse I-485 who filed on/after June1st

rhodypoker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Rhodypoker,

Just today got an update on spouse status which says EAD and AP (I-131) approved and cards are in production. Our case is similar to yours. I got married recently and applied all 485, 131, 765 on June 1st. My PD is Oct'06

Do we get first EAD, AP and then Green card? Just want to know how exactly the process goes.

Thanks for your response.

Dunga.

• 2 weeks later...

MY DETAILS

----------

My PD: Jan 29th 2007 (EB2 - India)

AOS Applied: Aug 2007

Got current on July 2011

Approval Email: July 7th 2011

Card received in Mail: July 8th 2011

Approved Date on card: 5th July

SPOUSE DETAILS (Beneficiary)

----------------------------

Got current on July 2011 (Based on my AOS application)

AOS, EAD, AP application reached USCIS: 1st July 2011

Fingerprinting: August 11th 2011

Approval Email: 1st September (The first status update was Card Production. After 4 hours, got another status update to Decision)

On 6th September 2011, got another status update email to Post Decision.

So basically my spouse's application reached USCIS on 1st July and got approved on 1st September ... in exactly 2 months' time!

We are still anxiously awaiting to receive the physical card.

All the best to those who are waiting ... especially the people who have filed for their spouses ... things seem to be moving at a brisk pace!

An informal survey of the I-485 approvals received in our office this week reflects that the majority are for cases filed in July/August/Sept/October 2007. However, there were some approvals for I-485s for dependants filed in June/July 2011.

So, they are moving the I-485s being filed now through the system very quickly in some cases.

Hi rhodypoker

Congrats on this. Did u get ur spouse's GC 2 1/2 months after u got urs or 2 1/2 months after filing for I-485

I am in similar situation , awaiting spouse's GC. which service center did ur application goto?

thanks

Sidharth

Originally posted by rhodypoker:

Hello All,

Just want to update the forum that my wife's GC has been approved and the Plastic cards are also been mailed.

It took about 2 1/2months for the AOS for a derivative application.So, for the applicants who are waiting for their Spouse approval please be patient. They will get soon.

Thank-you one and all & Special Thanks to Murthy Forums..really the best forums on immigration's.

Can anyone say if the derivatives will get their 485 approval this year? Why I am asking because this year's EB quota is over (as I read somewhere) as of Sep 15th 2011.

So Until Oct 1st 2011, there are not going to approve any I-485 but that's when the new applications (considering the Oct 2011 bulletin) will also come into picture and considering there will be only 2800 quota per EB category how will all these applications will get approved.

Also, all the applicants who will get current from Oct bulletin, would have already had their 485 applications pre-adjudicated waiting for just the visa number but our derivative applications are still in the process of adjudication.

applied derivative in June'11, got EAD/TD for 1 year valid. Waiting for I-485 approval.

Originally posted by norelaxcozh1:

Can anyone say if the derivatives will get their 485 approval this year? Why I am asking because this year's EB quota is over (as I read somewhere) as of Sep 15th 2011.

So Until Oct 1st 2011, there are not going to approve any I-485 but that's when the new applications (considering the Oct 2011 bulletin) will also come into picture and considering there will be only 2800 quota per EB category how will all these applications will get approved.

Also, all the applicants who will get current from Oct bulletin, would have already had their 485 applications pre-adjudicated waiting for just the visa number but our derivative applications are still in the process of adjudication.

Hi Sidharth07, wait for the USCIS reply and her application went to TSC.

--

Originally posted by sidharth07:

Hi rhodypoker

Congrats on this. Did u get ur spouse's GC 2 1/2 months after u got urs or 2 1/2 months after filing for I-485

I am in similar situation , awaiting spouse's GC. which service center did ur application goto?

thanks

Sidharth

Originally posted by rhodypoker:

Hello All,

Just want to update the forum that my wife's GC has been approved and the Plastic cards are also been mailed.

It took about 2 1/2months for the AOS for a derivative application.So, for the applicants who are waiting for their Spouse approval please be patient. They will get soon.

Thank-you one and all & Special Thanks to Murthy Forums..really the best forums on immigration's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived