EB2 - Bcom + 12 Years of It experience?

heda_p

Hi,

I hold a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) degree from India which was a 3 year program.

I possess more than 12 years of progressive work experience

I run my own blog and do presentations in my IT community

I am on H1b

My company can draft any job position details which makes me eligble to get filed under EB2 (assuming its in bound of legality and in my professional line)

Question - Can I use my B.Com. + 12 Years of work experience to be eligible for EB2 category?

Thanks!

Prakash

AFAIK, 3 year degree is not considered as equal to a US BS degree. I would rather suggest you to get an immigration lawyer to get the situation and documents reviewed to determine your eligibility.

It doesnt matter how great your work is. It only matters what can be proven with documentation.

you are right, 15 years of education + 3 years of work exp = US bachelor degree

but what i dont know is if there are any cases where someone with 15 years of education + 12 years of work exp get eligible for eb2, if someone pulled it through I would like to understand what logic he followed??

I am sure my company attorney will say no to eb2 as general rule is (ms degree + 5 years for eb2)....if there are any exceptions exists for 15 years of education i would like to explore more on that line....

AFAIK, 3 year degree is not considered as equal to a US BS degree. I would rather suggest you to get an immigration lawyer to get the situation and documents reviewed to determine your eligibility.

It doesnt matter how great your work is. It only matters what can be proven with documentation.

Hi everyone,

I have bachelor degree of 3 years from india and 2 years masters degree from usa. I am on H1b and I want to file labor certification.

I am not sure which category i am falling in (Eb2 or Eb3). I have masters degree from accredited university in computer science which is related to job (IT field). I have job requirements saying that masters degree or bachelors + XYZ years of experience.

Please help me with your answer. Looking forward to here some answers from experienced people.

----thanks a lot for looking on this thread----

Same Case here -

I have BSc (PCM - 3 Years) + DOEACC B Level (3 Years) + 10 Years of total experience. I would like to know which category would be suitable for me EB2/EB3.

Working as Full Time with 5 Billion dollar company with 10000 employee, Started 3 months back with current company as 1st H1B employee.

Any advise would be highly appreciable.

Archived