H1b visa stamping at London and 221g white issued

pulikondas

Hi Guys,

I am Indian citizen and working on work permit since Oct2011 in UK.

Recently my H1 petition got approved and now I am planning to attend visa stamping interview in London consulate.

I need documents list for h1b visa interview which will help me to arrange documents if I have missed anything.

I was going through London US consulate site, and found that Birth certificate and Police clearance Certificate also required.

Can anybody let me know that Birth certificate and Police Certificate required for H1B visa interview for London consulate or not.

I know that it is not mandatory in any Indian consulate.

Kindly requesting to share your thoughts as early as possible.

Thanks.

Hello dear member, you dont require any birth certificate or police certificare if you are from india because if you have any criminal background you wont be able to come to this uk only , no need of those things but let me ask you one thing, how long have you been in uk, you just came in oct2011 and working or you had a previous entry to uk,and one more thing how long you have the visa , it also matters if in case of 221g you have to wait ages and see. have you done masters in uk or not, so many factors effect, if you could give total background i can give some suggestions , because present situation is not good for h1b in uk for consulting companies

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reply.

I am working in UK since Oct2011 on work permit. there is no previous entry in UK. and my current visa is going to expire in 30 Sept 2012.

that means only 4 months left. I have not done master from UK. it is from INDIA only.

My only worry is in case of 221g.

Kindly suggest whether should i attend from UK or from India as my visa is going to expire in Sept2012 itself.

Thanks.

Thanks for reply.

I am working in UK since Oct2011 on work permit. there is no previous entry in UK. and my current visa is going to expire in 30 Sept 2012.

that means only 4 months left. I have not done master from UK. it is from INDIA only.

My only worry is in case of 221g.

Kindly suggest whether should i attend from UK or from India as my visa is going to expire in Sept2012 itself.

Thanks.

IS YOUR H1B SPONSORED BY A CONSULTANT COMPANY( OWNED BY IINDIANS) THEN BEST OPTION IS ATTEND IN INDIA, IF IT IS DIRECT EMPLOYER 100 PERCENT GENUINE THEN ATTEND IIN UK, IF IT IS CONSULTANT MOSTLY 96 PERCENT OF PEOPLE GET 221G AND DONNNO, HOW MANY MONTHS OR YEARS IT WILL TAKE , CANNOT GURANTEE, THINK OF THIS PLAN

• 1 month later...

Hello ,

I have applied for H1B in May 2012 still it is in initial review.In May I was planning to use london for VISA interview but Now I am thinking to move my VISA interview to Mumbai(India) Consulate.

So anyone know about the procedure to change consular??

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I have faced a very similar issue. Was Interviewed on 08Feb2013 and given 221(g). I work under EVC model. Officer kept my I797A and employer related documents. Consider the link below to my 221(g). I do not understand what needs to be submitted? Although the box next to passport/DS-160 confirmation/Photo/221(g) is checked. Do you guys think that they have asked for all these basic documents?

Any one in the same quandary as I am?

Regards !

• 4 months later...

Hi garryother,

I had interview on Jun 21st & VO said my visa has been approved, but 9 days later i got email asking for some docs.I am gonna send the dosc(Scan).Lets see.

Got a question for you...

Where do i see/check the status of my application (when you say link 'the box next to passport/DS-160 confirmation/Photo/221(g) is checked')?

They have my passport & 797...

Thanks in advance.

Archived