EB2 eligibility ?

rafi

EB2 eligibility ?

I have a bachelor degree of 3 years and a 2 year master degree(Both are India Degree). Along with that I have a work experience of 5.5 years of which 4 years and 3 months is prevoius company experience.

my employer told "3 year bachelors with 3 year masters plus 2 years or more of Previous Company work experience " you are eligiable to Eb3

Please Advise

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mycareer,

EB2 category is "Profession W/Adv Deg, or of Exceptn'l Ability"

Step 1:

For EB2 they will look for minimum education 4 years related bachelor degree or engineering. In your case you have to provide the 3+2 equivalent education related to work (means related to computer field thinking you are working in IT).

Step2:

If you qualify the education then minimum 5+ years of experience they need for EB2 category.

Step 3:

Your job title should show the above criteria and Salary for that should be according to Prevailing wages of that state.

(Most of the EB2 category salary will fall in between 80K to 110K according to the state and EB2 job qualification)

Check your employer about the salary in that area.

If you fall under all these categories then you can talk to your employer and defend.

This forum shows 50% percent of the Perm or I-140 will be denied for people who have 3 year degree for EB2 category.

Thanks

1. Your job needs to meet the requirements for EB2 eligibility. It doesn't matter what your experience is. For example, even if you have Masters + 10 years of work experience but DOL says all your job needs is a Bachelor's with no experience or less than 5 years of experience, then that job does not meet EB2 requirements and your PERM can't fall under EB2 for that job.
  2. If your job meets the EB2 requirements, then you can talk about whether based on your experience, you meet the criteria. The lawyer will be able to answer this for you.

Archived