H1B (stamped)-H4-H1B re-stamping

uxg

Hi,

I'm an Indian national, had my H1B stamped, after which I changed to H4 (while in US)

Got back to H1B (while in US), transfered to another company & need to travel outside of US.

1) Do I need to get H1B stamped in India ?

2) Could I go to mexico again & get it done, ( or for that mater, any other US consulate outside India) ?

Plz suggest...

Thanks in advance,

UXG

if your previously stamped visa has validity then you dont another stamping, if not they no matter which visa you are on you mst get visa stamped before entering US again.

I strongly suggest if you are not a FT then do not take a chance in India, here it is plagued by 221G at all the consulates, so better you make your decision and go through this forum you may find the related answer and suggestion,

you can go to any consulate it really dosent matter, I have seen lot of cases getting approval in canada, so you may give it a shot.

wish you a good luck.

Thank you @ashukla. My stamped H1B was valid till Apr'2011, the full duration of which I did not use, since H4 was from mid'09 to mid'10. I'm a FT now since mid'2010.

Was thinking of mexico stamping due to vicinity, but Canada could be a good alternative too.

What abt Dubai or Abu Dhabi consulates if I am visiting family there ?

Thanks a lot for the tips & wishes

uxg

Archived