H1B Visa Stamping - Position still open?

USH1EXP

Hello Friends,

I went for visa stamping back in Sep 2011 and received a pink slip for additional documents. After submitting those documents, In Nov 2011 received an email to submit one more company document, which I submitted right away.

After couple of months of silence received another email last week to check if the position is still open for which visa was applied? If yes, then they asked me to submit a letter from company stating that position is open and how is it open till now....

Did any of you been through similar situation?

Please advise if I can assume my visa will be approved this time?

Thanks

simply provide a client letter which states your duties, I dont think any explanantion in detail will be required to this position or cleint may say that you will working on a new project with the consensus of your employer.

I do not want to abuse on this reputated forum but seriously this is very shrude politics which has been adopted by the consulates in India, first they keep a person for months over here and then ask this irritating question...................... I have no words to express my feelings but still wish you very good luck for this time.

Hello Ashukla and Pontevecchio,

I went to the embassy today. I handed over them the letter from company as well as client, and instead of just referring to these letter she started checking all the documents again whatever I have submitted till now. After that she started asking me all sorts of questions regarding the company, cleint and project location etc. After this she handed over a yello slip to me and said your case needs additional admin procesing. I checked, "will I get the visa?" and the reply was "I don't know". After asking again she said hopefully we will contact you by next week.

What do you think, do I have a chance here?

I am totally lost now and don't understand why more processing is required after 5 months of long wait.

I feel that you have very solid caes of getting an approval but they are trying their best to stop you, I do not know man what the hack this means that after providing what they have asked what means to put the case again under processing again. What? were they sleeping on the docs which were previously submitted............................ totally insane, utter nonsense.

It seems you screwed them the positive reply of what they have asked about the position :), I heartly pray for you that you should get visa by next week and get out of this mess. wish you all the very best.

Archived